Welcome to NekCEM
NekCEM https://svn.mcs.anl.gov/repos/NEKCEM is a high-fidelity, open-source electromagnetics solver based on spectral element and spectral element discontinuous Galerkin methods, written in Fortran and C. The code is actively developed at Mathematics and Computer Science Division of Argonne National Laboratory.
- Spectral element discretizations
- Discontinuous Galerkin approach
- Hexahedral body conforming meshes
- The 4th-order Runge-Kutta timestepping
- Exponential time integrations
- High parallel efficiency scaling over 200,000 cores
- Parallel I/O scaling over 65,000 cores
- Hybrid programming MPI/multithreading
- Light transmission calculations for nanodevices
- Wakepotential calculations for accelerator devices
- Acoustic solver for scattering problems
- Preconditioning with fast diagonalization method
- Schrodinger solver for quantum dot interactions with plasmonic nanostructures
- Drift-diffusion solver
Misun Min , Matthew Otten (Physics/Cornell University), Ying He (Math/UC Davis)
Jing Fu (RPI), Azamat Mametjanov, Aaron Vose (Cray Inc.), John Levesque (Cray Inc.)
- Y. He, M. Min, D. Nicholls, A high-order spectral element with transparent boundary conditions for periodic layered media, 2013.
- M. Min and P. Fischer, An efficient high-order time integration method for spectral-element discontinuous Galerkin simulations in electromagnetics, Journal of Scientific Computing, published online, 2013.
- M. Min, J. Fu, A. Mametjanov, Hybrid programming and performance for beam propagation modeling, Proceedings of International Computational Accelerator Physics Conference (ICAP) 2012, FRSAC1, 2012.
- J. Fu, M. Min, R. Latham, C. Carothers, I/O Threads to reduce checkpoint blocking for an electromagnetics solver on Blue Gene/P and Cray XK6, ROSS '12 Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Runtime and Operating Systems for Supercomputers in conjunction with ICS 2012, No. 2, 2012.
- J. Fu, M. Min, R. Latham, C. Carothers, Parallel I/O performance for application-level checkpointing on the Blue Gene/P system, CLUSTER’11, Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing, pp. 465-473, 2011.
- M. Min, P. Fischer, J. Montgomery, S. K. Gray, Large-scale electromagnetic modeling based on high-order methods: Nanoscience applications, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 180, 012016, 2009.
- M. Min, P. Fischer, Spectral-element discontinuous Galerkin (SEDG) simulations with a moving window algorithm for wakefield calculations, Proceedings of Particle Accelerator conference (PAC09), TH5PFP037, 2009
- M. Min, P. Fischer, Y-C. Chae, Wake fields for TESLA cavity structures: Spectral element discontinuous Galerkin simulations, Proceedings Of RF Superconductivity (SRF07), TUP34, 2007.